Have a question about a Campbell product? See if you can find your answer here first.
- How do I read the code on the top or side of my Campbell product?
- The date code displayed on our products is a best used by date. This means that in order to experience optimal color, flavor, aroma and texture the product should be consumed prior to the end of the month displayed on the product. For example, in order to experience optimal quality a product with a date code that reads JUN11 or JUN2011 should be consumed prior to the end of June of the year 2011.
- What is the shelf life of my Campbell canned product?
- The shelf life of unopened Campbell canned products varies from 1 to 2 years. In order to experience optimal color, flavor, aroma and texture the product should be consumed prior to the end of the month and year displayed on the product.
- Can I eat Campbell's® soup right out of the can?
- It is perfectly safe to eat Campbell's soups right out of the can. Our chefs have already prepared and cooked the soups for you. However, the full flavors of our soups usually will peak when heated. We suggest that you mix condensed soups with the recommended water or milk additions before heating.
- Does Campbell have recipes for easy meals?
- Yes! Our chefs in Campbell's Kitchen are continually cooking up fun, fast meal ideas using Campbell products. Some of our most popular recipes are available right here online. Please visit our web-site at www.campbellskitchen.com for a wide variety of recipes. Also, we encourage you to register for the Meal-mail® email recipe program. This will provide you with weekly, and even daily, fun recipes directly to your email address!
- What soup, sauce and juice products does Campbell make for people who are trying to reduce their salt intake?
- Campbell Soup Company has made significant advancements in our sodium reduction efforts and offers lower sodium options across our portfolio of products. We offer more than 100 low and reduced sodium choices including Campbell's® Healthy Request® soups, Campbell's Select Harvest® soups, Campbell's V8® soups, Prego® Heart Smart Italian sauces, V8 100% vegetable juice, Low Sodium V8 and Pepperidge Farm 100% Natural Whole Grain breads.
- How do I know if my Campbell product contains MSG?
- MSG, or Monosodium Glutamate, is an ingredient that adds savory taste to foods. Its been used safely for more than a century. MSG is a common flavor enhancer added by chefs and food manufacturers alike. Glutamate, a component of MSG, occurs naturally in some vegetables and processed ingredients, such as hydrolyzed vegetable protein and yeast extract. Foods containing MSG will note it clearly in the ingredient statement on our product labels. People who prefer to eat foods without added MSG can look at a number of options in our portfolio, including our full lines of Campbell's Select Harvest® soups, Campbell's Healthy Request® condensed soups, Campbell's V8® soups and Campbell's® condensed Kids soups. We also do not add MSG to our Swanson® Chicken broth.
- How does Campbell Soup Company manage allergens?
- Campbell Soup Company provides its consumers with accurate and reliable ingredient statements upon which they can make their purchasing decisions. Our Quality, Manufacturing and Consumer Affairs teams have an on-going commitment to ensure that the ingredient statements are always clear and accurate.
- Where should I go for more information about allergens?
- Go to www.foodallergy.org for specific information about allergens and the latest allergy news.
- How can I get coupons?
- Thank you for your interest in our products! Unfortunately, we don’t have coupons to send to our consumers upon request. We distribute millions of coupons through newspapers, Sunday supplements, magazines, product labels and your local grocery store. Coupons that will help you save on some of your favorite Campbell products can be found in our Savings Center that can be located at www.campbellskitchen.com/SavingsCenter.aspx. Also, many of your favorite Campbell products now have Facebook pages where you can find the latest news and occasional offers.
- Is there a "best" way to open the can?
- Will a can opener work on the Pop Top lid?
- Some can openers do work on the Pop Top lids, but most traditional manual or electric can openers will not work on our condensed variety of soups. The can openers that work on these cans cut the side of the can rather than the top. Please see list below for can openers available that open the can lids from the sides.
- Why doesn't a traditional can opener work on the Pop Top lid?
- Traditional can openers rest on the top rim of the can while the "cutting wheel" blade slices through the lid. Pop Top lids have a larger gap between the top rim and the lid than regular cans do. Unfortunately, the blades on traditional can openers are not long enough to reach that far.
- Can I use a traditional can opener on your Chunky or Select Harvest soups?
- Yes, you may turn the can upside down and use your manual or electric can opener.
- Are any other utensils available to help me open these lids?
- Campbell worked with a kitchen utensil designer to develop a utensil, called a Pop N' Pull™ tool, to help consumers who might have trouble opening these cans. This utensil is sold in your local grocery store or Wal-Mart and can be purchased online at www.campbellshop.com. It can also be found on a hanging strip in the soup aisle or in the housewares aisle.
- Is there a "best" way to use the Pop N' Pull Tool?
- With one hand, hold can firmly on a flat surface. With other hand, position the Pop N' Pull tool onto widest end of tab.
- Push tab forward beyond rim of can to break seal.
- Gently push down on handle of the Pop N' Pull tool.
- To detach lid from can, slowly twist the Pop N' Pull tool and remove.
- To discard lid, gently shake lid from the Pop N' Pull tool into garbage.
- I'm having difficulty lifting the tab, pulling the tab back, breaking the lid free from the can, or opening the lid without splattering the product.
- We're sorry you are having trouble opening these lids. The cans and Pop Top lids we use have been carefully designed to balance our requirements for product integrity and ease of opening.
- What is gluten?
- Gluten is a protein found in rye, barley and wheat (including atta, bulgur, couscous, durum, einkorn, emmer, farina, kamut, seitan, semolina, spelt, triticale and triticum aestivu). Due to the close proximity, including potential comingling during storage and transportation, Campbell has decided to treat oats similar to other gluten containing grains. Individuals who have celiac disease cannot tolerate the gluten protein.
- What is celiac disease?
- Celiac disease is a genetic (inherited) digestive disorder of the small intestine manifested by interference with absorption of nutrients from food. Long term complications include malnutrition, which can lead to anemia and osteoporosis among other conditions. A strict gluten-free diet is the only treatment for celiac disease.
- Does Campbell offer gluten free products?
Yes. Campbell is aware that many of our consumers or their family members are gluten sensitive. We offer various gluten free products, both in the United States and Canada. For gluten free soup products sold in the U.S., please refer to the Wolfgang Puck list.
U.S. list (PDF)
- Does Wolfgang Puck offer gluten free products?
Yes. Wolfgang Puck offers gluten free products, both in the United States and Canada.
Wolfgang Puck U.S. list (PDF)
Wolfgang Puck Canada list (PDF)
- What is the process that Campbell uses to ensure products are gluten free?
- We analyze gluten-free products to ensure compliance with our strict gluten-free standards at the time of initial production. We perform ongoing testing on finished products on a frequency of at least once every six months to assure continued compliance with our gluten-free policy.
Learn more about our program by visiting the Labels for Education℠
We welcome your innovative ideas. Submit them here.
Still Need Help? Can't find an answer to your question?
Send us an email or call 1-800-257-8443