AREAS OF FOCUS
The Campbell Soup Foundation focuses its giving on three strategic areas:
- Increasing healthy food access: This includes work like food distribution programs, food rescue, food incentives, new and improved food access points, school feeding programs, and local agriculture.
- Encouraging healthy living: Our focus in this area is on nutrition education and physical activity programs that help people live healthy lifestyles.
- Nurturing Campbell neighborhoods: We do this by transforming and creating public spaces in our communities to make them conducive to health. This includes work like creating parks, trails and green spaces, bike lanes, and complete streets.
COVID-19 COMMUNITY RECOVERY GRANTS (CRG) PROGRAM
As of March 2020, our Foundation shifted its focus to COVID-19 relief and recovery, and beginning September 2020, we are running a grant program to provide relief and recovery grants to nonprofits that align with our Foundation mission and focus areas across 33 Campbell communities in North America. Any eligible nonprofit can apply for support through this program, entitled the COVID-19 Community Recovery Grants (CRG) program. For more details on the eligibility criteria, please read on below.
CRG GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
The COVID-19 Community Recovery Grants (CRG) Program is open as of Monday, September 14, 2020 and will remain open through the spring, with applications reviewed in two or three rounds:
- To be reviewed in the first round, grant applications must be received by: October 8, 2020
- To be reviewed in the second round, grant applications must be received by: January 15, 2021
- We expect the majority of grants to be dispersed in the first two rounds, but, pending available funds, we will hold a third round, with grant applications due by: April 16, 2021
To initiate the application process, please complete a brief eligibility form. Note: You will be redirected to a Microsoft Office Forms link.
After we review your eligibility form, if your organization is eligible, you will be notified with an email from Campbell@brightfunds.org and invited to submit a short grant application on our grants management platform. Finalists will be contacted for a brief interview with our Foundation Executive Committee.
CRG ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the COVID-19 Community Recovery Grants program, an organization must:
- Align with one or more of the focus areas of the Campbell Soup Foundation (see ‘Areas of Focus’ above)
- Operate in one of our 33 Campbell communities in North America (see list of Campbell locations below)
- Be a nonprofit organization which is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
ADDITIONAL CRG DETAILS
Grants are for COVID-19 relief and recovery support, including but not limited to:
- Food and other critical supplies
- Essential infrastructure needed to continue your work, including PPE, physical space alterations, cleaning supplies, transportation costs, and COVID-19 tests
- Support for new delivery models and staffing needs as a result of the pandemic
- Other innovations to adapt and continue the organization’s work in light of COVID-19
There will be a range of grant amounts not exceeding $25,000.
Considerations during grant review:
- How does the organization align with our mission to strengthen and empower healthy communities in Campbell’s hometowns?
- How has the organization evolved and adapted during this time of crisis?
- How does the organization partner with others to work collaboratively within the community and to leverage additional support and funding sources?
- Does the organization display strong and effective leadership both internally and externally in the community?
- Does the organization think strategically about assessing the impact of its work and about continuous improvement?
- How does the organization incorporate community voice into its work and integrate principles of equity?
- Does the organization have a prior relationship with the Campbell office/plant in the target community? (Not a requirement)
In our grant programs, direct grants are not made to / given for the following:
- Individuals, including scholarships, loans and sponsorships
- Organizations that discriminate against any person or group on the basis of race, color, ancestry, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age, actual or perceived physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by law.
- Religious organizations whose principal purpose is propagating a particular religious faith, creed, or doctrine including missions, religious orders, or church building programs.*
- Political organizations and those having the primary purpose of influencing legislation of/or promoting a particular ideological point of view
- Events and sponsorships, including sports-related events
*Our Foundation will consider a donation to independently run, non-sectarian, and interdenominational programs that are affiliated with religious organizations, so long as they are open to the general public and provide social services to the community-at-large on a non-discriminatory basis. This may include programs such as a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter that happens to be operated by a church or other religious organization.
The Campbell Soup Foundation does not provide product donations. The Campbell Soup Company directs its product donations to Feeding America, our nation’s largest food bank network and its more than 200 member food banks. Organizations seeking product donations should reach out to their local Feeding America food bank. For a list of member food banks, see Feeding America’s site here.
Connecticut: Bloomfield, Norwalk
Florida: Lakeland, Miami
Illinois: Downers Grove
New Jersey: Camden, East Brunswick
North Carolina: Charlotte, Maxton
Ohio: Ashland, Cincinnati, Napoleon, Willard
Oregon: Salem, Tualatin
Pennsylvania: Denver, Downingtown, Hanover
Wisconsin: Beloit, Franklin, Milwaukee
Mexico: Mexico City