The Campbell Soup Foundation currently hosts an annual grant cycle. The date and details for the next cycle will be announced by the end of the 2018 calendar year.
AREAS OF FOCUS
The Campbell Soup Foundation focuses its giving on three strategic areas:
- Increasing access to healthy food
- Encouraging healthy living through nutrition education and physical activity
- Nurturing Campbell neighborhoods by transforming the physical spaces where people live, learn, and play
ELIGIBLE INSTITUTIONS AND FUNDING CRITERIA
The Foundation limits grants to nonprofit organizations which are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Grants are made to institutions that serve Camden, N.J., and locations where we have operations in the U.S.:
Please note that priority is given to applicants who have established an ongoing relationship with the local office or operating facility.
We look for proposals to meet the following criteria as we make our funding decisions:
- The proposed work aligns with one (or more) of the three strategic areas of focus described above
- The proposed work supports our mission to strengthen and empower healthy communities, and aligns with our philosophy around sustainable and systematic change
- The proposed plan is clear and compelling, with measurable goals and results
- The organization partners with others to work collaboratively within the community and to leverage additional support and funding sources. Preference is given to organizations working within a Collective Impact framework.
- The organization displays strong and effective leadership both internally and externally in the community
- The organization has engaged with Campbell employees in the past or demonstrates opportunities for future engagement
Grants are not made to / given for the following:
- Organizations that are based outside the United States and its territories
- Individuals, including scholarships, loans and sponsorships
- Organizations that limit their services to members of one religious group or whose services propagate religious faith or creed
- Political organizations and those having the primary purpose of influencing legislation of/or promoting a particular ideological point of view
- Units of government
- Events and sponsorships
- Sports related events, activities and sponsorships
The Campbell Soup Foundation does not provide product donations. The Campbell Soup Company directs its product donations to Feeding America, our nation’s largest food bank network and its more than 200 member food banks. This is how we address emergency food needs, rather than through our Foundation funds. Organizations seeking product donations should reach out to their local Feeding America food bank. For a list of member food banks, click here.