Three Pace products were honored last month at the annual Scovie Awards, one of the most competitive gourmet food competitions, which recognizes the world’s top fiery food products:
- Pace Mango & Habanero Fire Salsa earned second place in the Processed Salsa – Fruit category and third place for Processed Salsa – Habanero;
- Pace Restaurant Style Garlic & Lime Verde took second place among the Processed Salsa – Tomatillo products; and
- Pace Salsa con Queso dip took home third place for Cheese – Queso.
“We are proud that these Pace products have been recognized by the Scovie Awards,” said Dale Clemiss, Vice President-Simple Meals. “Each of these three flavors delivers the bold ingredients and texture our fans have come to expect. Pace Mango & Habanero is one of our two new spicy salsas that jump off the shelf with a label that says it all – ‘Fire.'”
The brand also won Scovies in 2009, 2010, and 2011. This year, the entries were strategically chosen to benchmark against global peers.
“With our portfolio of bold, Southwest flavors,” said Rachel Bower, Associate Brand Manager, Pace, “We wanted to undergo the rigorous tastings to understand where our products fell versus the competition, both large and small brands.”
And the brand continues to innovate to meet consumer preferences. This spring, Peach Mango and Citrus Pineapple fruit salsas will join the Pace Restaurant Style lineup, rounding out the brand’s flavorful offerings.
- The Scovie Awards is an annual blind taste test competition created to recognize the top fiery foods products in the world.
- The awards were named after the Scoville scale, a measurement of the spicy heat of a chile pepper.
- The 2014 Scovie Awards attracted a record 864 entries, up from 850 in 2013, representing 151 companies, compared to 133 last year.
- Entries came from 39 U.S. states, as well as Austria, Canada, Ecuador, Australia, St. Lucia, and the United Kingdom.
- For more information, visit www.scovieawards.com.