Campbell has partnered with SAP Ariba and currently utilizes the Ariba Procure to Order (P2O) solution for the processing of all indirect spend. This includes all expense purchases (charged directly to a cost center) and most marketing expenditures. This best-in-class, cloud-based solution will seamlessly integrate with SAP for all back end processing include invoice processing and payments.
A part of the Ariba P2O solution includes the Ariba Supplier Network. The Ariba Network platform will allow for the electronic transmission of purchase orders and invoices.
Why join the Ariba Network?
- Ability to create electronic invoices (for Ariba issued Purchase Orders only)
- Better communication and visibility with Campbell
- Ability to track the status of your invoices
- Reduction in errors associated with standard paper invoice processing
Ariba and Campbell are contacting suppliers in phases during the rollout and will send you a Trading Relationship Request Letter when is it time to convert to the new process. This letter will explain how to register on the Ariba Network and the steps to create your account.
If you are a supplier with an existing Ariba Network account AND an existing Campbell supplier, please send your Ariba Network ID to email@example.com to initiate the enablement process.
The Ariba Network Process
Campbell has chosen to utilize Ariba Procure to Order (P2O) for the processing of all indirect spend. This includes all expense purchases (charged directly to a cost center) and most marketing expenditures. As a supplier, if you fall into this category of spend you will be asked to join the Ariba Network. Transacting electronically on the Ariba Network will be a standard part of doing business and an expectation of all of our suppliers moving forward. Once you are an Ariba Enabled Supplier, you will receive Purchase Orders (POs) from Campbell electronically and you can create and send invoices electronically.
Please be aware that Campbell may also issue Purchase Orders to you as a Supplier from other ordering systems (i.e. SAP). You will only be able to utilize the Ariba Network for invoicing of Purchase Orders that are issued to you via the Ariba Network directly.
If you have questions about using the Ariba Network please refer to our Ariba Network Invoice Guide or the Ariba Purchase Order Guide below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How do I register on the Ariba Network?
- A: Ariba and Campbell are contacting suppliers in phases during the rollout and will send you a Trading Relationship Request Letter when is it time to convert to the new process. This letter will explain how to register on the Ariba Network and the steps to take to create your account. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
- Q: How secure is the Ariba Network?
- A: The Ariba Network uses Secure Hypertex Transfer Protocol (HTTPS) for all communication between procurement applications, suppliers, and the Ariba Network. HTTPS is the standard for secure Internet communication and uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) with RSA Labs encryption. Additionally, accounts on the Ariba Network are password protected.
- Q: What if I don’t want to participate?
- A: Suppliers that are asked to participate are considered strategic for on-going business and are thus expected to comply with this process change as a requirement for continuing the relationship.
- Q: Why is my invoice being rejected?
- A: See Invoicing and Payments section for further clarification on the invoicing process.
- Q: How much does it cost to join the Ariba Network?
- A: There are key thresholds that a supplier must reach before they are required to pay a fee on the Ariba Network. For more information, please contact Ariba directly or click here for more information.