We keep finding new ways to preserve the environment and support our neighbors in so many areas: health and nutrition, operations, community service and more. We’re excited about these gains, because they’re the right things to do on our journey to nourish our consumers, our neighbors, our employees and our planet.
We’re also gratified that our efforts have earned us a place on the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability indices for both North America (for the fifth year in a row) and the world (for the fourth consecutive year).
Check out these examples of how we’ve been making our sustainability efforts count this year:
• 400 million gallons: how much water we’ve saved through conservation projects.70.7 million pounds: the record food collection during the 2013 Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive™.
• $40 million: our global support of nonprofit organizations through product donations, employee giving and financial contributions.
• 19.6 million pounds: the plastic packaging saved with the new V8 beverage bottles.
• 96,000 metric tonnes: how much carbon dioxide is not going into the environment thanks to our conservation programs, renewable energy projects and improved shipping procedures.
• 52,000 jars: the inventory of “Just Peachy” salsa, which we help make with blemished produce from local farmers that has been distributed to retailers. Profits help fund nine area hunger relief programs.
• 22,000 hours: the time our U.S. and Canadian employees volunteered to help local communities.
• 85 percent: our overall recycling rate.
Dave Stangis, our Vice President – Public Affairs and Corporate Responsibility, says it best: “We seek to understand the impact of our products from farm to fork, and look at every step in our operations and every personal interaction as an opportunity to advance our performance while benefiting consumers and society.”
To learn more about our Corporate Social Responsibility strategies, please visit us at https://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/csr.
Sign up to get the latest company news. Delivered from our family to yours.
To manage your email preferences, click here.