CAMDEN, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sep. 14, 2012– Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index for the fourth consecutive year and the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for a third consecutive year. These independent rankings recognize Campbell’s strategic and management approach to delivering economic, environmental and social performance.
Launched in 1999, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) track the financial performance of leading sustainability-driven companies worldwide. In selecting the top performers in each business sector, the DJSI assess companies on several general and industry-specific topics. These include corporate governance, environmental policy, climate strategy, human capital development and labor practices.
“This recognition is a testament to the meaningful progress we are making with our corporate social responsibility strategy,” said Dave Stangis, Vice President-Public Affairs and Corporate Responsibility. “From nutrition and packaging innovation to environmental sustainability and community programs, Campbell’s CSR initiatives are integrated into every aspect of our business and culture.”
The DJSI recognized the particular progress Campbell has made in the areas of health and nutrition innovation and climate strategy. Other key results from the past year include:
- The distribution of more than $40 million in product donations globally, and the collection of a record 70.7 million pounds of food during the annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive™.
- More than 23,000 volunteer hours logged in the U.S. and Canada to support local communities.
- The construction of a 60-acre, 10-MW solar field at Campbell’s largest manufacturing site in Napoleon, Ohio, where 24,000 sun-tracking panels generate 15 percent of the electricity to operate the plant.
- A total savings of more than $27.5 million from sustainability investments across Campbell’s plant network over the past three years.
- A savings of more than 1.2 million pounds of plastic and more than $850,000 through the redesign of product packaging.
Campbell’s CSR strategies are designed to deliver measureable impacts in four key areas: Our Consumers, Our Planet, Our Employees and Our Community. To learn more visit http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/csr.
About Campbell Soup Company
Campbell Soup Company is a manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soup and sauces, baked snacks and healthy beverages. Founded in 1869, the company has a portfolio of market-leading brands, including “Campbell’s,” “Pepperidge Farm,” “Arnott’s,” “V8” and “Bolthouse Farms.” Through its corporate social responsibility program, the company strives to make a positive impact in the workplace, in the marketplace and in the communities in which it operates. Campbell is a member of the Standard & Poor’s 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit http://www.campbellsoup.com.
Source: Campbell Soup Company
Campbell Soup Company
Arianna Stefanoni (Media)