Commercials Highlight Benefit of V8 Juices Versus Other Beverages
CAMDEN, N.J., Oct 03, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) is launching a new V8(R) brand advertising campaign that taps action legend Jackie Chan to go head-to-head with other beverages. The advertisements feature Jackie Chan swooping into everyday life scenarios using his amazing athletic abilities – and his energetic charm – to switch an unsuspecting person’s drink to a veggie-powered V8 beverage. The commercials underscore the switch by closing the spots with the iconic “Could’ve Had a V8” tagline.
“It’s time for people to take another look at the V8 portfolio,” said Dale Clemiss, Vice President, V8 Beverages. “This year we’re introducing a variety of new and innovative products for V8, so there is no better time to encourage people to make the switch to our beverages. We believe this campaign’s refreshing, fun and lighthearted approach, and the charisma of Jackie Chan will help drive awareness and energize the brand.”
The campaign began airing this week with two new spots:
- “Balcony,” which features Jackie Chan sliding down a drain pipe, leaping onto a woman’s balcony, and deftly replacing her cranberry juice with V8(R) 100% vegetable juice; and
- “Sidewalk,” where Jackie Chan jumps out of a window, bounces off an awning, lands in front of a woman drinking a smoothie and switches her drink for a V8 V-Fusion(R) Smoothie that not only includes fruit but vegetable nutrition.
These commercials will be followed by three additional spots. The entire campaign is supported by a fully-integrated marketing effort including print and online advertisements that compare V8 beverages to other drink options.
“Jackie Chan’s amazing creative talent combined with his mind-boggling physical comedy give this campaign vitality and instant likeability,” said James Caporimo, Creative Director, Y&R. “Only Jackie Chan could suddenly switch your drink and have you love him for it, which is one of the reasons we believe this campaign will resonate with people and encourage them to choose V8(R) beverages instead of other drinks.”
The campaign was created by Y&R New York. The production was shot on location in Los Angeles by MJZ and directed by Craig Gillespie, who is best known for directing Lars and the Real Girl and the Fright Night remake. Media planning services were provided by the New York office of The Media Edge: cia.
About the V8(R) Brand
The V8brand is committed to providing delicious, convenient products that help people get more vegetables in their diet. This means an aggressive commitment to innovation which has led to the introduction of 18 new beverages in the last two years including the brand’s recent entry into fast-growing categories such as energy drinks and smoothies.
Today the V8 portfolio includes:
- V8 (R)100% vegetable juice, a deliciously-zesty juice that provides two full servings of vegetables at 50 calories in each 8-ounce glass;
- V8V-Fusion(R) 100% juice, which tastes like fruit but is packed with a serving of fruit and a serving of vegetables in every 8-ounce glass;
- V8 V-Fusion(R) +Tea, a refreshing beverage that combines fruit and vegetable juices and green tea;
- New V8 V-Fusion(R)Smoothie, a perfect puree of 100 percent fruit and vegetable juices that bring the real-fruit smoothie experience home;
- New V8 V-Fusion(R) +Energy, a refreshing energy drink made with a blend of vegetable and fruit juices plus natural green tea;
- New V8(R)Energy Shots, naturally powered energy shots made with 100 percent vegetable and fruit juices and green tea extract – only available in select markets.
All of these beverages not only deliver great taste but also provide vegetable nutrition. For more information on V8(R)beverages, visit http://www.v8juice.com.
About Campbell Soup Company
Campbell Soup Company is a global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soup and sauces, baked snacks and healthy beverages. Founded in 1869, the company has a portfolio of market-leading brands, including “Campbell’s,” “Pepperidge Farm,” “Arnott’s” and “V8.” Through its corporate social responsibility program, the company strives to make a positive impact in the workplace, in the marketplace and in the communities in which it operates. Campbell is a member of the Standard & Poor’s 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit http://www.campbellsoup.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50015489&lang=en
SOURCE: Campbell Soup Company